As most of our clients are operating in the manufacturing industry, with many of which are industry leaders, we are committed to support them integrate the latest advanced manufacturing technologies within their factories.
As a result, NTT DATA Romania has become a founding partner of the Smart Factory Romania association, alongside five other organizations, with the primary goal of bringing industrial digitalization to Romanian manufacturers. Developing the necessary competencies and specializations to support it will bring together the academia, end-users, and technology providers to a common path.
The founding members include the “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, two end-users – Marquardt and IFM, and two technology providers – ROPARDO and NTT DATA Romania, each bringing their own valuable experience into the mix.
The association has set the following objectives to achieve its goal:
- Develop synergies between academia, the industry, and the authorities on topics focusing on research, development, and innovation to access European or national funding for project implementations;
- Create a research, development, and innovation network;
- Offer specialized assistance and advisory to national and international companies;
- Make connections with other national and international associations with similar objectives to stay updated to the latest trends and technologies in the manufacturing field;
- Encourage members to specialize in advanced manufacturing technologies.
Smart Factory Romania will create national partnerships on research, development, and education. We hope to develop meaningful and applicable ideas to support our 200+ clients active in the manufacturing industry through these partnerships. This sector is a big part of the Romanian economy, and improving it would primarily benefit other sectors. In the last 19 years, our dedicated Clarvision™ suite has helped industry leaders become the leaders they are today. Now, through open innovation, all actors will gain access to projects results and success stories. We’re proud to be among the founding members.
Members will have access to NTT DATA Romania’s software prototyping infrastructure, its experience with optimization solutions for the manufacturing process, and applied artificial intelligence in manufacturing. We will disseminate information on new trends, technologies, and funding opportunities for digital transformation.
As a founding member, we will guide the expansion of the association by engaging key actors from the manufacturing industry and will support members in accessing innovation funds for digital transformation. The overall aim is to improve Romania’s research, development, and innovation capabilities through joint efforts.